At the FoodTreX Innovation Summit in London, the World Food Travel Association has awarded the FoodTrekking Awards, a series of awards that go to reward excellence and innovation in the field of food and wine experiences. This year the fifth edition has awarded prizes for seven competition categories, covering the various sectors and the various facets of the food and wine tourism sector.
Read on to learn more about FoodTrakking Awards
Here are the winners of the 2019 edition:
- The best food and wine destination – Destination Bristol (Bristol, UK)
- The best food and wine tour – Maine Food for Thought (Portland, Maine, USA)
- The most innovative use of local ingredients in the menu – NUSA Indonesian Gastronomy (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- The most innovative marketing campaign for a food and wine destination – Discover Boyne Valley Flavours (Boyne Valley, Irlanda)
- The best application of local storytelling to a food and wine experience – The Original Taste Of Hoi An (Ho An, Vietnam)
- The most creative use of space for a food and wine attraction – Javara Culture (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- The best food and wine experience in the hotel – Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi (Lombok, Indonesia)
The FoodTrekking Awards are assigned every year and in March the nominations for the next edition of the contest will open.